Simple yet tasty snack made with canned tuna, can also be replaced with canned chicken meat topped with flaky shortcrust pastry or if you would just prefer using the store bought pastry crust, works fine too.
Ingredients for Pastry
2 cup flour
10 tbsp cold butter, cut into pieces
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp ice water
6oz can tuna
1 shallot, chopped
1 red chili, minced
2 spring onion
2 tbsp mayonaise
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp ketchup
Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, salt and butter several times till it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Slowly add ice water.
- Turn the pastry onto a clean work surface and bring the dough together but do not knead.
- Shape into a flatten ball, wrap in a cling film and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. At this point the dough can be kept for 2-3 days if not using immediately.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, roll it out with a floured rolling pin and using a round cutter cut circles.
- Put filling in the middle and top with another pastry circle on top. Seal the edges with a fork. Brush on top with egg wash and bake 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes till slightly brown.