1 cup butter ( 226gm)
3/4 cup sugar ( 150gm)
3/4 cup brown sugar (160gm)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour ( 295gm)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chip (270gm)
1/2 cup of walnut, almond (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and line a cookie sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar till pale.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt add into the creamed mixture. Stir well.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts (optional).
- Drop by teaspoonful onto the cookie sheet, 2 in apart.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes till the sides are slightly browned. Take out and let it sit on the cookie sheet for few minutes and then transfer cookie to a cooling rack. Once cooled completely, store in a air tight container.
Remove cookies promptly. Cookies seem to be underdone but still cooks once taken out. Check your oven temperature. It varies.