Happy Halloween to all !
I was looking for something as an accompaniment for our pasta dinner tonight and came across this spooky breadstick recipe. Although this time around I did not make my own bread dough but my children had a great time making this halloween fingers. My fingers are little puffy though...lol. Probably next time will roll it a little smaller.
Frozen bread dough
1/4 cup melted butter
egg yolks, beaten
- Roll each roll into a 7-9 inch pointed rope.
- Define finger nail on pointed end and knuckles and lines along the finger with a sharp knife. Place on a sprayed baking sheet and pinch finger thinner on both sides of knuckle.
- Brush finger with butter avoiding fingernail. Sprinkle cheese and garlic salt on finger but not on nail.
- Make nail color by combining egg yolk and food coloring to achieve desired color.
- Paint nail with small paintbrush. Bake at 350°F 10-15 minutes.