|Some has almond nibs and some with melted white chocolate|
Today I made another cookie for my festival next week. This one has almond inside the cookie and coated with chocolate.
125g butter, diced
75g icing sugar, sifted
1 egg yolk
225g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp rice flour
300g whole toasted almonds with skin, halved
450g dark chocolate, melted
Small paper cases
Almond nips or chocolate rice for decoration
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy ( I just used wooden spoon) Beat in the egg yolk.
- Add plain flour and rice flour. Fold and mix well.
- Take a marble-sized dough (approximately 8-10g) and wrap around half the almond. Shape into a small egg. Place on greased cookie trays and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Place cooled cookies on small paper cases. Top and cover with melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle almond nips or chocolate rice liberally over the top.