11 sheets of lasagna noodles ( cooked as per direction on the box)
1lb ground meat ( beef, turkey, sausage)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 container ricotta cheese ( 15oz)
Frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed ( 10 oz)
Shredded mozarella cheese ( 2 cups)-reserve about 1/4 cup for later use
Parmesan cheese ( 1/4 cup)
Eggs (2)-lightly beaten
Pasta sauce ( 1 jar / 26 oz)
Salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring water to rapid boil. Add salt to flavor the pasta and reduce stickiness. Add pasta and let cook for 10 minutes. Drain well and lay it on a wax paper or aluminium foil individually to keep from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozarella, parmesan, spinach, onion powder, garlic powder, nutmeg and lightly beaten eggs. Stir well to combine.
- In a pan, cook the ground meat and drain out the fat. Add in the marinara sauce. Stir well. Take it off the heat.
- Take about 2 heaped tablespoon of the filling and put on the lasagna noodles. Roll them. Pour about 1 cup of meat sauce mixture on a 13 x 9 in a baking dish and layer the lasagna rolls in it. Top it with the rest of the sauce mixture and sprinkle some reserved mozarella.
- Bake for about 35 minutes till the sauce is bubbling and the cheese melted.
Hope you will enjoy this dish as much as I did. Hmmm I shall not mention about the damage it is going to do to my waistline.