I was looking around in the kitchen for something to bite on but just could not find anything, then as I was flipping back my dessert book, saw this wonderful chocolate cookie. As I am an addict for chocolate, what could be best than making this for a tea time snack.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ( to make a healthier version substitute 1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped milk chocolate (2 ounces)
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash together the butter and sugars with a fork until well combined. Add the oil and egg and beat until creamy. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and the pecans and mix well. Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.