Thursday, April 21, 2011

Applesauce and Wheat Germ Pancake



I had some wheat germ from my granola making and a big jar of applesauce.  Combined the two and made some delicious and healthy pancakes.


Source:  Allrecipes.com


Ingredients

1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp oil
3 yolk
5 whites
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp oil for the pan

Method

Mix all the dry ingredients.
Mix the milk, applesauce, oil and egg yolk.  Stir into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
Beat the egg whites till stiff peaks form and slowly stir into the batter. Do not overmix.
Grease a pancake pan and add about 1/4 cup of batter.  When small bubbles starts to appear, turn the pancake and cook till just slightly browned.

Note :  I just used all purpose flour instead of whole wheat since I did not have any in hand.

2 comments:

  1. What is wheat germ used for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used it for my granola bars, had some leftover and also its is high in protein and vitamin E. So just added for extra nutrition.

    ReplyDelete