Monday, April 11, 2011

Sausage Bun with Mayonnaise



Sunday is usually a very slow day for me so I try to do something to spice up old favorites.  My kids just love sausage bun and I thought of just adding a little something to their favorite.    Drizzled a little mayonnaise and ketchup, topped with frozen vegetable, it sure was a pleaser.


Dough

600g high protien flour/bread flour
84g sugar
12g instant yeast (2 package)
12g bread softener
12g salt
1 egg
300 ml water (I substitute fresh milk)
18g milk powder (I omit because already use milk instead of water)
62g magerine/shortening


Bread machine method
Put all liquid ingredients first, follow by sugar, salt, softener and magerine. Then all dry ingredients in. Lastly, the yeast. The set the programme to knead. Let it rise in the machine. Take out the dough from machine and divide the dough for 50g each. Shape it into round ball. Leave for 10 minutes and shape as u like or follow the step by step below.



Kneading By hand


Mix milk and yeast. Let it froth. Put all other ingredients in a bowl, add the yeast mixture. Knead till smooth.
Oil a bowl lightly, and put the dough in to rise for about 1 hour.  Punch down the dough and divide the dough for 50g each. Shape into rounded ball and leave it to rest for about 10 minutes, Shape as you like or follow the steps below.







Add frozen vegetable
Ketchup/chili sauce
Mayonnaise
Final product....

4 comments:

  1. It's finger lickin good!!!! want more...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the cake minus the icing, FYI:I am not an icing person. I go for the real deal! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooo you figured out how to do that! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I did. Actually it is easier to do than I thought it was.

    ReplyDelete