Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oatmeal Cookie Pancake

As I was surfing the web for breakfast idea, came across this wonderful recipe.  I was so intrigued by it that I just had to get my apron on at 11pm to make it so that the kids can have it for breakfast.  If you do not know,  I am the not so early bird mom...my kids have their breakfast way before I wake up, thank god for that...!



Source : Joy the Baker

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
2 eggs
2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup golden raisins
oil or cooking spray

Method

  • Mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
  • Mix buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and butter.
  • Make a well inside the dry ingredients and pour in all the liquid. Stir till everything is just mixed. Do not overmix. Set aside for 5 minutes.
  • Heat a griddle over medium heat. Pour in the pancake mix about 1/4 cup or however much you want. Cook till bubbles that form start to pop. Flip the pancake over with a spatula and cook till brown. Repeat until batter is done. Serve warm with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment