Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mee Suah

For those who aren’t familiar, mee suah is the Hokkein  name for what is known as flour vermicelli.  The ingredients in this type of noodles are mainly wheat flour, salt and water. They are often arranged in small bundles  The noodles cook really fast (like about 2 minutes in boiling water), that’s why I always keep a packet in my pantry at all times as it is good for emergencies. Today I prepared it for my little baby as a noodle soup. I also added some dried beancurd and chicken.



Ingredients

Noodles
Meat, Seafood
Garlic - minced
Vegetables
Chicken bouillion
Salt, Pepper

1.  Cook noodles in boiling water and little oil till soft.  Drain out and keep aside.
2.  Saute garlic and meat. Add vegetables, water, chicken bouillion. Adjust seasoning.
3.  Lastly add the cooked noodles. Sprinkle with some onion leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment