Made this cake from a recepi I came across at happyflour@blogspot. All her recipe has turned out really great. Thank you for a wonderful recipe which I thought would be a little peculiar making a chiffon with corn. This cake is super soft and spongy.
I have also posted some pictures step by step on making the egg whites for the cake.
3 egg yolk
30g corn oil
115g cream corn
15g coconut powder
70g cake flour
few drop of yellow food coloring (optional)
3 egg white
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift flour and coconut powder together, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and sugar together.
4. Add in oil, cream corn and colouring, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till medium stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 7 in tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
|Corn Chiffon Cake|
Slowly add the whites to the yolk mixture with a slotted silver spoon.
This is how I cool my cake once its taken out of the oven, for about 1 hour.