This is a heathy version of the regular Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and surprising enough it stayed soft even after 2 days. My children actually enjoyed eating homemade cookie.
Source: Eating Well - Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar ( increase the sugar if you want it to be sweeter)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Grind oats in a blender or food processor but not too much.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, at least 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until firm around the edges and golden on top, about 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.