Who does not want coffee and chocolate together! When I saw this post, I was thinking this would be a nice breakfast muffin to give me the extra caffeine boost. The muffin has some bite in it from the chocolate chip. My little one was hooked on this muffin...he said " mummy, nice cake".
Source: Sweet Pea's Kitchen
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup strong coffee, cooled
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, espresso powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the brown sugar. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coffee, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently but quickly stir to blend until just combined.
- Distribute the batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake 18- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan on a wire rack for five minutes then transfer muffins to wire rack to cool.
|My little one cant get his hands off the muffin !|