This grilled chicken breast is a simple twist to our regular grilled breasts. Adding mango chutney makes this dish a little tangy and some spice to it. For a refreshing and flavorful accompaniment, grill thick slices of pineapple when you grill the chicken.
Source: Cooking Light
4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lbs)
1 jar mango chutney, coarsely chopped
1 can (8-8 1/4 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1 tbs curry powder
1 tbs fresh lime or lemon juice
1 tbs vegetable oil
lime slices for garnish
- Prepare grill. With tip of knife, cut a horizontal slit in thickest part of each chicken breast half to form a pocket
- In a medium bowl, mix chutney, pineapple, curry powder, and lime juice. Transfer half of chutney mixture to bowl to serve with chicken later
- Stir oil into remaining chutney mixture. Place 1 tablespoon chutney-oil mixture in each chicken breast pocket. Coat chicken breasts with remaining chutney-oil mixture
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken loses its pink color throughout, 10-12 minutes
- Arrange chicken on 4 dinner plates. Garnish with lime slices and serve with reserved chutney mixture.