Saturday, September 24, 2011

Homemade Ice cream Without Machine


Guess what I made today...Ice Cream. This is an accomplishment for me. Furthermore making it without an      ice cream machine.  My hubby gave me the funny look when I told him I made some ice cream, he tried it out and already has lined up flavors for me to make next.  Of course for people who are calorie watching, this is a no enter zone.  The ice cream can be flavored any way you want.  Let your imagination run wild.  As for me, since its my first time, I thought of settling down with good ol cinnamon and banana.

Source:  Kevin & Amanda

Ingredients

2 cups of heavy cream
1 can condensed milk ( 14oz)
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 small banana, cubed


Method

In a cold bowl, whip the heavy cream till stiff peaks form.  In another bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, vanilla, melted butter and the cubed banana.
Gently fold in the whipped cream into the banana mixture.  Stir till all is combined. Pour into a 2-quart container for freezing.
Freeze at least 6 hours or until firm.
Had to stop my husband from eating so I can take a pic...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment