Monday, September 12, 2011

Mushroom Avocado Bruschetta


Being vegetarian has opened up a whole new dimension for me.  I am now cooking and trying out foods that I would not have given a second thought. Bruschetta, to be honest, this is my ever first time eating this.  I have never liked baguette.  That is one bread that I would never buy when I am at the grocery store. But after making this super simple dish or appetizer, I have changed my mind.  My sister in law actually gave me this idea of making this with mushrooms.  Eventhough the ingredients used to cook this was minimal, the taste was unbeatable.


 Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter or oilve oil
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
5 mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 tsp dried parsley
1 large avocado
slices baguette
3 tbsp shredded mozarella cheese or more, optional
salt and pepper

Method

  • In a medium non stick pan, put in the butter and add the onion and mushrooms.  Cook on low heat till the onions and mushrooms are slightly browned.  Add parsley, salt and pepper. Turn off the hear.
  • Cut the baguette into thin slices. Brush olive oil on top. Layer with avocado and sauteed mushrooms. Top with cheese.  
  • Put under the broiler until cheese melts. Serve while still hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment