Friday, September 16, 2011

Classic Banana Cake



I call this a classic banana cake because this is one of the super easy and no fail cake. You can jazz it up with chocolate chip, powdered coconut, raisins, walnut and anything imaginable that would be delicious with a banana. I like topping my banana cake with vanilla ice cream.

Ingredients

90gm butter
90gm sugar ( I used only 50gm)
1 egg
2 ripe banana, mashed with 1 tsp lemon/lime juice
1 tsp vanilla
120gm flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk ( I did not use since my batter was wet)


Method

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line and grease a 8 inch square or round baking pan with greased greaseproof paper.
  • Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 5 to 10 minutes. Beat in the egg.  Add mashed banana and vanilla essence. Mix well.  Fold in the dry ingredients and stir in the milk. ( Add in's can be added at this time)
  • Bake in preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this super easy and simple cake.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, one of the few things I am able to complete. Awesome cake, I must admit. :)

    ___
    International Calls to Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you liked it. Its my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete