Another addition to my vegetarian dinner. Bought this dried tofu, which acts as a meat replacement. Its is soaked with little salt for about couple of minutes in hot water and squeezed. The faux meat is then ready to be cooked just like an ordinary meat.
1/2 cup vegetarian meat, soaked in hot water and salt, then squeeze off the liquid.
2 tsp chili powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 shallot, sliced
1 sprig of curry leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1 tomato, cubed
1 potato, cubed
1 tbsp curry powder
- Marinate the squeezed meat with pinch of salt and 1 tsp chili powder. In a frying pan, add some oil and fry the meat lightly and set aside.
- Add little bit more oil if needed and put in the cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, curry leaf and shallots. Stir fry till the onion are slightly limp.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, tomato and potato. Stir fry for a bit then add some water. Let it cook till the potatoes are fork tender.
- Now add the curry powder, chili powder and the meat. Adjust seasoning.
- Stir well till everything is coated with the gravy. Cook on slow heat for about 10 minutes. Serve.
|It looks like small marbles, once soaked it will expand|