Monday, August 8, 2011

Pineapple Zucchini Bread

My picture not so good since I only finish baking it about 10pm, lighting very bad :[
I went to the farmer's market this weekend and bought couple of zucchini since it was pretty cheap.  This time I made the zucchini bread with a touch of tropical; pineapple. Yes, I absolutely love pineapple in my bread.  I should have added some raisins but was running out of it.  This time, even my picky eater ate it...yummm.

Source: Allrecipes

Ingredients

3 egg
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
1 cup vegetable oil ( I substituted applesauce for the oil)
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar ( original recipe says 2 cup but I just halved it since I did not want it to be too sweet)
1  teaspoons baking soda

1/2  teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup raisins, optional


Method
  • In a large bowl, combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into egg mixture just until moistened.
  •  Fold in nuts and raisins if desired.
  • Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
  • Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment