This is not exactly 7 rainbow shades but still pleasing to the eyes. Its quite tedious to divide the batter into portions...I just used 3 colours. Of course if you have the patience you could use more colors. I added strawberry paste instead of red colouring in the pink layer, the cake has a slight trace of strawberry flavour and for the chocolate layer, I used chocolate emulco.
6 eggs, separate
4 tbsp corn oil
4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
110gm cake flour
1/4 tsp cream of tartarred (I used 1/4 tsp strawberry paste) , green, chocolate food colouring
- Beat egg yolk & 50gm sugar until smooth. Stir in corn oil, milk & vanilla essence.
- Sift in cake flour and mix to form batter.
- Divide into 3 portions, approx. 90gm each. Add in colours into individual portion.
- In a clean & dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites & cream of tartar until foamy. Add in balance sugar gradually and beat on high speed till stiff peak formed.
- Divide egg white foam into 3 portions, approx. 75gm each. Gently fold into individual coloured batter.
- Pour in each batter in sequence into a 9" ungreased tube pan. Tap the pan on the table top each time before adding the next coloured batter. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 mins.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert the tube pan on table top. Cool completely before unmoulding.