The name says it all...this muffin is loaded with mouth bursting blackberries and chewy coconut with a hint of lemon zest. I always have some frozen fruit lying around in the freezer and since its Mother's day, I thought it would be a nice breakfast with some coffee. I also made some yummy biscuit with sausage and gravy. The muffins are best eaten when its warm but I reheated them in microwave the next day for breakfast.
Source: Sweet Pea's Kitchen
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
5 tbsp heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp coconut
1/2 cup blackberry ( I used frozen ones)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Beat butter, sugar and lemon zest till light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and beat till combined. Pour in the heavy cream and beat it. With the mixer on low speed, gently add in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of coconut and gently fold in blackberries.
- Spoon batter into cup. Fill the cups and smooth them on the top. Sprinkle the balance coconut. Bake until muffins are springy to the touch about 23-25 minutes, rotating halfway through baking time.
- Cool muffins in tin for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack and cool for about 5 minutes before serving.