Monday, July 25, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread


I must say, this was not the favorite quick bread in my family.  My daughter went to the kitchen to have a big slice of it when she took a closer look at the bread and asked me " what is the green stuff", I said.."Nothing".  Then she realised that earlier on I was grating some zucchini and thats it...."you put vegetable in a bread, yucks", she said.  There we go, me and my hubby had to finish the bread...but still it is a healthy bread, so go on and try it.... I am sure you will like it.

I halved the recepi.

Ingredients

3 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsb baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 c sugar
1 c vegetable oil
3 flax eggs - 5 tbs ground flax mixed with 10 tbs water, nuke 30 sec, stir, nuke 30 sec and stir again (or 2 eggs)
2/3 c soymilk
2 c shredded zucchini
1 c vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c chopped walnuts (optional)
1 tsp vanilla

Method
  • Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 2 9X5 loaf pans with non-stick spray
  • Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add vegetable oil and using a fork, stir. It will be dry, but stir as well as possible.Then add flax eggs. Continue to mix. Add soy milk and vanilla and stir until well blended. Add zucchini, chocolate chips, walnuts, and blend them in. The mixture should be nice, smooth, and moist looking.
  • Spoon into loaf pans. Bake 55-60min. Cool in pans for 10min, then remove and cool completely. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and will keep for days.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment