I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #9 – Swiss Rolling Good Times!(Jul 2011) hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food .
This method is the same as chiffon cake, the egg whites are beaten to stiff peak and then slowly mixed into the yolk mixture.
Egg Yolk - 4
Olive Oil - 40g
Cake Flour - 110g
Water - 60g
Egg White - 5
Castor Sugar - 40g (add more if u like sweet)
Lemon Juice 1/2 tsp
4 colorsFilling- whipping cream
- Combine Ingredient 1 - 4 until well blended, leave aside.
- Beat egg whites with electric beater till frothy, add in sugar and lemon juice, then continue to beat till stiff peaks are formed.
- Mix 1/3 of egg white into egg yolk batter, and then FOLD in remaining egg white foam into batter with a whisk. Divide batter equally to 4 bowl and color them with your choice.
- Pour batter into tray and bang the tray to release the bubbles.
- Bake 350 degrees for 17 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove from oven, let it cool with a damp towel on top.
- Spread whip cream on top and roll tightly. Store for about 1/2 hour before serving.