Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peanut Butter & Jelly Swiss Roll

I got this really weird idea of using peanut butter in my swiss roll since I just love the wonderful texture of peanuts combined with strawberry jam.  On the other hand, my kids are the not so typical children who go head over heels with PB&J, but just for the fun of it I tried it this afternoon. Of course I had some comments from my children who went " not peanut butter !!" but I was really amazed by the wonderful taste the swiss roll had.  It was really good just out of the refrigerator; chilled.


I am submitting this to aspiring bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times For July 2011
Ingredients

4 eggs
120gm sugar
5 tbsp vegetable oil
100gm cake flour
1 tsp vanilla

Filling

2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp confectioner sugar
couple of tablespoon of strawberry jam

The method used is the same as the rest of my swiss rolls except that I whisked the egg and sugar till ribbon stage and then sifted the flour in and folded carefully.  Finally slowly drizzle the oil and fold in.  Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes in a 9 by 13 inch pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment