Sunday, June 5, 2011

Strawberry Topping




I made this wonderful strawberry topping for my waffles.  Its a little runny since I was as usual rushing to taste it even before I can get it to thicken up a little.  Any how, the taste was really awesome.  It was even better once I cooled it in the refrigerator.

Ingredients

2 cup Strawberries (loosely packed; fresh or frozen)
1/8 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch (disolved in a little water)
Instructions
  • Cut strawberries into halves or quarters (depending on preference; if the strawberries are fairly small you may leave them whole).
  • Place strawberries in a saucepan and pour sugar on top and place on burner set between medium and medium-low.
  • The mixture will slowly become watery at which point you can set the burner to medium. Once the mixture begins to boil add dissolved cornstarch while stirring the mixture.
  • After boiling for 1-2 minutes (remember to continue stirring) you can remove from the burner.

The syrup can be used hot or can be refrigerated and used cold, depending on your preference.
Note:  Add a small amount of lemon juice to give it a slight tang especially to strawberries that are bland or certain store bought kinds.

2 comments:

  1. I love strawberry topping on most anything! ;) Now I am craving some strawberries and waffles! Mmmmm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes me too. Hope you are having a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete