Friday, November 18, 2011

Ruffled Cupcake


I must say that these couple of days I have been keeping myself busy; not that I have not been but you know the kind of busy where you attend to kids, husband, never ending chores and of course the desire to do what you have always wanted to do. In my case will be baking, cooking and knitting. I got few order's for my cupcake and a Dog figurine cake today  Well, the cupcakes are the norm which I always do but when it comes to doing a 3D cake, I am still on the verge of learning.  So, when my friend asked if I could do one for her boss, I said "of course", then I realised "oh my" what did I get myself into.

So, tonight I made the base for the cake and the chocolate buttercream frosting. I also made gumpaste nose and eyes. More on this cake coming up in the next post.

Okay now for my ruffled cupcake, I made a white cake and chocolate  cupcake filled with ganache cupcake frosted with buttercream frosting.  My friend specifically requested for blue frosting.  I am glad she did...I just love this sky blue.  I used tip 104 for the ruffles.



No comments:

Post a Comment