Monday, November 21, 2011

Roast Chicken


Thanksgiving is just round the corner.  Its been a year since we were in Colorado visiting family.  We had too  much of fun and really cannot wait to go back there to see them and also to visit the beautiful landscape. Its feels so peaceful up there in the mountains where you can see the peaks of the mountain covered with snow.

Since we are here and just to get the festive mood in, instead of roasting turkey, which my kids hardly eat, I roasted chicken for dinner. I know Thanksgiving is Thursday but we will be at a friends place so I thought it would be a good idea for me to just roast a chicken this week. I got this wonderful prepacked spice which will be my first time trying it.  I am glad I gave it a try..the spice pack was awesome. I also added some potatoes and onion mixed with the spice.

Ingredients

Mc Cormick Spice pack
1 Roasting Chicken
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
4 potatoes, cut into fourth
1 yellow onion, cubed chunk

Method

Wash and pat dry the chicken.  Place on a roasting pan and rub liberally with the mixture of olive oil, salt and spice pack. Use any balance of the spice for the potatoes and onions too.  Place them around the chicken.  Bake at 450 degrees for about 1 hour. Check if chicken is cooked through by inserting a knife in the thickest part of the thigh, if juices run clear then it done. Enjoy...

Moist chicken just out of the oven
This is how my son likes his chicken served :)

No comments:

Post a Comment