I wish I took a better picture of this butter cake. This cake does not need any frosting or glaze for it to stand out but by all mean this cake can be decorated with buttercream or whipped frosting. This is a true good old fashion butter cake that has been handed down by my family. I usually make this for gatherings and cut them up in small pieces so you can enjoy it without guilt. Definitely make sure to use the best butter you can get. It makes all the difference. I made two different colors. One I used a green and marbled it and the other was red.
250gm self raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 stick butter, room temperature
250gm sugar (I used only about 220)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp or more milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a 8in round or square pan with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure that it is blended well after each addition.
- Slowly add in the sifted flour and salt. If the batter seems to be too thick, add in about 2 tbsp of milk. Stir well and pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes depending on your oven. Test with a wooden skewer, take it out and let it sit for 5 minutes then turn it onto a cooling rack.
|Just out of the oven|