Sunday, December 20, 2015

Cauliflower rice with Chili Lime Grilled Chicken



I am right now on my journey to losing couple of pound before New Year and I think I am on the right track.    It sad because I do love my cakes and cookies and all things sweet but this is a personal goal that I needed to do before the year ends.

I think once you get the hang of it, you will not miss the carbs and sweets as much.  Anyway today my lunch was something that I have been seeing over the websites...its cauliflower rice.  To think how to treat cauliflower as rice when I am sooo used to having Jasmine rice, it was a little hard but after using is as a replacement for rice dishes, its not bad after all.

This can be easily adapted to vegetarian buy just using tempeh or tofu instead of chicken !

Ingredients for Cauliflower Rice

1 cup cauliflower ( pulse in food processor till it resembles small crumbs like rice)
2 tb coconut milk powder or coconut milk
2 tb water
2 tb coconut oil ( no need if using coconut milk)
1 tb fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh lime zest
Pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients except lime zest and cilantro and microwave for about 7 minutes.  Stir and if its still hard, microwave another minute or so.

Stir in lemon zest and cilantro.


Lime Chili Chicken

Ingredients

2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp brown sugar  ( I used honey 1/2 tsp)
Grated lime pee
Salt
Garlic Powder
Ground Red Pepper
Skinless Boneless breast
Olive oil

Method

Combine all the ingredients and rub on the chicken breasts.

Grill and serve with lime wedges on the side.


Use own judgement on the spice level and also how much needed.  I never measure when I cook.  Just taste as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment