This is a must try cake. Make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature for the best result.
1 1/2 (12oz) cup of butter, softened
8oz cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar ( I reduced my sugar to 2 1/2)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon zest
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan ( I halved the recipe and use a 9 by 13 in loaf pan)
- Cream softened butter and cream cheese till well mixed. Slowly add the sugar and beat for about 5 to 10 minutes, scraping the bowl in between.
- Once the mixture is very light and airy, slowly add the eggs one at a time, Beat well. Add the zest and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt (sifted together) in 3 additions. Mix either with a spatula or mixer set to low.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or test with a toothpick.
- Let cool completely before devouring.
This pound cake can easily be frozen.