This is my first try ever to make an eggless cake. I always thought it was going to taste nasty or not moist or fluffy but I guess i was wrong all this while. This is a basic eggless cake and can be done in many flavor. I used orange flavored oil and some orange color and my daughter who is my food tester even said that it was wonderful.
The only thing is that I notice is that this cake will be tastier with fresh whipped cream and would not do so good with buttercream because the cake itself is tad bit sweet. I did not even have to use parchment paper but I did use crisco and flour on the cake pan.
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup yogurt
3/4 cup sugar ( I reduced a little)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil ( I used softened butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp orange emulco/oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 6in cake pan. I used a 3 inch in height cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar well. Add yogurt and beat till well mixed.
- Add baking powder and soda. Set aside for 3 min and yes it will fizz.
- Add vanilla and emulco. Slowly stir in sifted flour. Batter will be quite thick. Pour into the cake pan and level it.
- Bake for about 25 min or until tested with a skewer and comes out clean. Take out and let cool in pan for about 15 minutes. Turn it out onto a wire rack and cool completely.