I also made a white cake specially for my son's friend since she wanted a white cake with vanilla frosting. I could not take a picture inside on how the cake looks since I gave it to her but I got raves about the cake. So probably the next birthday I will be making this again.
|My messy work station :(|
2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
- Measure sifted flour, baking powder, and salt; sift together three times.
- Cream butter or margarine. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Mix in flavorings.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually, and continue beating only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
- Add meringue, and gently mix thoroughly into batter. Spread batter in 2 8 inch cake pan or 2 9 inch pan which has been greased and lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.