Friday, January 6, 2012

Chocolate Birthday Cake


This special birthday cake is for my son's Godmother.  She has been a blessing for my family so I made this special cake for her.  Its a moist chocolate cake from my precious post. For the frosting I made a frosting with sour cream.  You cannot taste the sour cream.  Its really smooth and nice. As for the flowers, I made it with royal icing and let it dry for about a week and then stored it in an airtight container. The leaf's I made them with green fondant.

Frosting
*This frosting crusts a little so you can smooth it on top and sides with a viva paper towel*

2 cup plus 3 tbsp shortening
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp almond essence
1/2 tsp butter flavoring
1/2 cup dry coffee creamer
2 lb powdered sugar

In a large bowl, add the shortening and sour cream. Beat till smooth. Slowly add the flavorings, salt, creamer and powdered sugar.  Beat till fluffy and smooth.  If the frosting is too thick, add about 1 tsp of water, gradually adding more if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment