This dish is cooked by my hubby. He started cooking for us during the weekend and came up with this. I was pretty amazed.
The following amount of ingredients is just a basic of what is needed but the taste and flavor is adjusted accordingly.
Lots of fresh ginger sliced in thin strips
1 large bombay onion sliced
1 clove garlic sliced
a hand full of cherry tomatoes
1 large red & green chili sliced (if you don't like it hot just de-seed them, here i only have green chili)
1tsp tauchu/fermented soy (you can get this at china town)
a splash of sweet soy sauce
1/3c of water
1tsp corn starch diluted with 2tsp of water.
Note : You don't need any additional salt in this dish as the tauchu is very salty butdo taste your dish and adjust accordingly.
- Season fish with salt then fry them til cooked and tender. set a side.
- Heat a table spoon of oil and saute onion, garlic, ginger, chili, tomatoes until fragrant.
- Then add in tauchu, stir and reduce heat to moderate to low, add in the soy sauce.
- Add in water and corn starch mixture.
- Cook until its simmers and the gravy is slightly thicken. remove from heat then pour the gravy on to the fried fish and ready to serve.