Monday, January 7, 2013

Blackberry Muffins


These muffins are indeed to die for.  When I first saw the recipe, it just sounded ordinary but once I made it....my kids went head over heels.  They are super moist and fluffy.  The best part is of course, its just one bowl.  No beater involved. I actually made 2 batches of it with different type of berries.

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk

Topping

1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup berries ( I jus threw in whatever amount I had )

Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a muffin pan with paper liner.  You will need about 8 paper liner.
In a bowl add all the dry ingredients. In another bowl, add the milk, oil and egg.  Whisk slightly.
Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients.  If batter seems too thick, add 2 tbsp of milk.  The batter will be thick. Stir in the berries slowly.

In a clean bowl, add the sugar, flour, cinnamon powder and cubed cold butter.  Mix with fork and sprinkle over muffin before baking.

Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until done.


2 comments:

  1. How much berries do we add in?
    I made a batch and found that I had forgotten the berries but checking out the recipe again, there were no berries mentioned in the ingredients, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I completely missed out on that. I used about 1/2 cup or so. Just did not use all the 1 cup as stated in the recipe. Hope you liked it as much as we did :)

    ReplyDelete