200g butter, cold but not hard
400g cake flour
3 tsp baking powder
75g brown sugar
75g castor sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp milk
- Lightly grease or line baking tray with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven at 190 degC.
- Sift cake flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Rub butter with your fingers or K-beater until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugars and sultanas.
- Add eggs and milk to the mixture and mix to form a dough.
- Spoon mixture on to the prepared baking tray, spacing them well apart to prevent them from sticking together while baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove rock drops from baking tray. Serve hot or let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in air tight container.