Tuesday, December 27, 2016

7-up Pound Cake



Okay as I looked at this, it sounded as if I was going to be attached by sugar fairy and also the cake will taste horrible as it has pop in it.  But to my amazement this is the most fluffiest, softest, tasted incredible and oh I can go on and on...delicious !

This will be my next favorite pound cake recipe.  Thank you to here for posting this wonderful recipe.

This recipe I halved it and made just one loaf size.

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening ( I used 1/2 cup butter)
2 cup sugar
5 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon or orange zest
3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup 7-up soda

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Generously grease a bundt pan or 2 ( 8in) cake pan

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar till fluffy.

Add eggs one at a time.  Add in the zest and vanilla and salt.

Slowly add the flour, mix lightly,  Now add the 7-up and heavy cream,  Beat till everything is well combined and fluffy.

Bake for about 1 hour and test with skewer and if it comes out clean, remove to a cooling rack.

Once it cools slighty remove cake from pan and let cool completely.








No comments:

Post a Comment