Monday, April 13, 2015

Carrot Cake (48th Birthday)



Carrot cake......its something that I will not get for a birthday cake because of bad experience when my kids bought it for me for my birthday.  This year I thought I would make it for my darling hubby since he loves carrot cake.  Actually this is my second attempt with this cake and I must say that this cake is so moist and soft even after 4 days in the refrigerator.

This is a true recipe.  There are many recipes out there with fruits and nuts added into this cake but a true carrot cake is THIS.....no fruit whatsoever and the only nut are the ones I use to coat the outside and of course no carrot cake will be complete without cream cheese frosting...




Source: Sweetpea's kitchen

Ingredients

2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp ground cardamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups grated carrot
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola oil


Grease two 8 inch pan and line with parchment paper.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients including the spices and using a wire whisk, stir around until all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.

In a another mixing bowl, add the oil and sugars. Beat for 2 minutes then add the eggs one at a time. Beat thoroughly.  Using a spatula, add the flour mixture and carrot. Mix well.  Pour into the prepared tins and bake for about 40 minutes or when tested with a toothpick, it comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack completely.  Frost with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

16 ounce of cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), room temperature
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 cup confectioner sugar
a pinch of salt

* In order to keep the frosting from becoming too runny, do not beat too long.  Just mix until it incorporates throughly.



No comments:

Post a Comment