Thursday, June 27, 2013

Apricot Chicken Breast



I was thinking of using a different kind of marinate for my chicken and then I saw that I had some leftover apricot preserves.  So I made the marinate and I was amazed how tasty the chicken turned out.  Usually I never use recipes when i am cooking except when I bake.  Listed below are list of things I used but taste wise is whatever you please.

Ingredients ( approximate measurement)

2 whole bone-in chicken breast with skin
2 tbsp Apricot Preserves
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes ( more if you like heat)
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

Method

In a small bowl, add all the spices except the oil.  Mix and taste.  Rub some olive oil on the chicken and the the mixed spices on and under the skin.  Let marinate for about 1 hour.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes.  Save the juice to make gravy.

Gravy

In a small saucepan, add 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp of flour. Cooked the flour for a minute or two. With a whisk add about 1 tbsp of apricot preserve and the juice from the cooked chicken and some chicken broth. Salt and pepper to taste.  Depending on how thick the gravy you need, take it off the heat and pour on top of the chicken breasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment