Once you try this sweet potato rolls, you will never likely to buy rolls from the store. They were pillow soft and you could just eat and eat....and not stopping. I have more leftover sweet potato and gonna make more for friends.
½ cup mashed sweet potato
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter, melted
⅔ cup warm milk
Dash of cinnamon
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons bread machine or instant yeast
- I made my rolls using the Kitchenaid dough hook.
- Add the liquid first, then sugar, flour and lastly make a well in the center and add the yeast. Make sure all the liquids are warm. The egg should be at room temperature.
- Remove dough from machine to a greased bowl and cover with a tea towel. Let rise till it doubles.
- Form the dough into balls and bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from pan or cookie sheet to allow cooling. (If you leave them in the pan too long, they will get soggy on the bottom.)
To Make Balls
Divide dough in half, then half again making four sections. Divide each of these sections into 4 pieces of dough which should leave you with 16 little doughballs. Form into round balls.
Arrange balls into two round (or square) 8 or 9-inch greased pans.
Cover rolls loosely with tea towel to rise.