1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large banana, mashed
1/2 cup sour cream
5 oz dark chocolate, melted
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- In a larger mixing bowl, use a mixer to cream sugar and butter, add egg and vanilla.
- Stir in mashed bananas, sour cream. Mix in dry ingredients by hand, just until combined. Fold in melted chocolate until evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, then sprinkle mini chocolate chips and chopped walnuts onto batter, using the back of a spoon to lightly press them in.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.