My husband did his usual weekend cooking and this time was sweet sour pork. I think he did a pretty good job. We battered and fried the pork first and then added the bell peppers for the crunch.
1 green capsicum, cut into cubes
1 red chilli, seeded and cut into cubes
1 tomato, cubed
Some canned pineapple cubes
1 large onion – cut into cubes
1 cup cubed deseeded cucumber
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsps white vinegar
2 tbsps soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple syrup (from the can)
1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper
1/2 cup water
Cornstarch & water for thickening sauce
- Deep fry meat in hot oil. Dish out, drain well and set aside in a serving dish.
- Heat wok with oil, saute chopped garlic and cubed big onions for 2 minutes.
- Add in sauce ingredients (except cornstarch) and bring to a boil.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients A and simmer for 2 minutes. Thicken gravy with cornstarch.
- Pour sauce over meat and garnish before serving.