Saturday, May 5, 2012

Purple Yam Chiffon Cake

The purple color is actually very beautiful.  Not grey like this pic :)

So far I think I have to say nothing beats a good ol chiffon cake.  All you need is slather it with some whipped cream and you can enjoy this piece of cake like a fluff of cloud.  This cake can also be dressed up for occasions but my kids prefer it just with cream.  This is also the first time I am exploring with the purple yam and Macapuno.  Macapuno is a concoction of coconut cut into strips and mixed with sugar syrup. I actually drained out the liquid and washed the coconut strips to get rid of the extra sugar.

I need to thank Corinne for posting this recipe. She has done such a great job with the chiffon.

Please hop on to this website for the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment