Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pumpkin Bread





For the love of pumpkin and its almost Thanksgiving..what more can I ask for other than Pumpkin bread and Pumpkin Pie.  I decided to make the pumpkin bread today and my oh my this is a keeper recipe.  Its so easy to put together since its a one bowl mix.

The bread is so moist and the aroma of the spices simply filled the air in the house. I think I better get on with the recipe and go cut a slice of the pumpkin bread for me to munch on....

Ingredients

1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
4 egg
1 cup Vegetable oil ( or 1/2 cup butter, melted and 1/2 cup oil)
2/3 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
3 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp cloves, optional
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp pumpkin spice, optional ( if you have it might as well use it)

Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix flour, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.

In another big bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.  Add pumpkin puree, oil, water,and beat till just combined.  Add slowly the dry ingredients and mix until combined.

Prepare 3 loaf pan,  Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted.









No comments:

Post a Comment