I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers # 9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times
This uses the same method as the earlier post as I feel the texture of the rolls are really soft. I flavored it with orange rind and filled with whipped chocolate cream. The combination of orange and chocolate is like no other pair....they are made for each other. Simply scrumptious.
Egg Yolk 4 nos
Olive Oil 40g
Cake Flour 110g
Orange Juice 80g
Orange zest (optional)
Egg White 5nos
Castor Sugar 50g (add more if u like sweet)
Lemon juice 0.5 tsp
- Combine Ingredient 1 - 5 until well blended, leave aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg whites with electric beater till frothy, add sugar and lemon juice. Continue to beat till stiff peaks are formed.
- Mix 1/3 of egg white into egg yolk batter, and then FOLD in remaining egg white foam into batter with a whisk.
- Pour batter into a 11 by 11 inch baking sheet and bang the tin to release the bubbles.
- Bake at oven 350 degrees for 35 minutes or till cooked.